Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Eight Week Check Up

I had my eight week checkup with Dr. Hall in the month of May. I went over my leftover symptoms (breast tenderness before my period and crazy sugar cravings, some lingering acne breakouts) and she touched my hands and still felt a slight coolness. My blood results showed improvement but this time she also checked my human growth hormone and found it was two points above the bottom baseline. Adjustments were made to my estrogen and progesterone to combat the PMS and my thyroid medication was increased to 1.5 grains. Dr. Hall discussed human growth hormone therapy. As the daily injection costs were out of my financial reach at the moment, she suggested I try an inexpensive oral spray to see if it would help stimulate my body into making my own HGH. Sounded good to me. Oh, yes, I lost another 5 lbs!

We discussed my cholesterol numbers as I struggled with them since entering perimenopause. My overall was 201 and LDL was 128. Dr. Hall did not seem concerned as my good cholesterol (HDL) is high. She suggested an expanded blood profile the next time I have my labs done as it will disclose a more accurate view of my heart health. In addition to the therapy prescribed by Dr. Hall, I was also taking a women's multivitamin 50 plus, and low dose aspirin. Dr. Hall said discontinue the aspirin as it causes more harm to the stomach area than good to the heart.

Don't have to see the Doc for a year, unless I have concerns or problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment