Friday, July 17, 2009

First Attempt

For those of us who are not familiar with blogging, I am right there with you. This is my first attempt at trying to keep record of my thoughts pertaining to personal health. I am 50 years in the making and have to say I am very much looking forward to the next 50. If you would have asked me this question just a few short months ago, I don't know if I would have given the same answer. I was feeling the effects of twelve long years of nasty perimenopausal symptoms:



Night sweats

Hot flashes

Mood swings

Loss of libido and vaginal dryness

Excruciating muscle cramps

PMS - breast tenderness, nausea, cramping, gastrointestinal distress, heavy flow, elevated temperature, general lousy feeling

Acne and rashes around the jawline and neck and decollete

Facial hair

Extreme fatigue

Interrupted sleep every night

Increased allergy symptoms

Unexplained weight gain

Cold hands, feet and nose

And so on...

I was at my wits end trying to deny, ignore, self diagnose or get real solutions from my doctors until one day...

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment